DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
To impart globally relevant education which inspires the mechanical engineering graduates to innovate, be socially responsive and to develop adaptive solutions for the needs of the industry and society.Mission Statement:
1. To prepare quality mechanical engineers with sound fundamentals, competent to develop technically feasible solutions to the complex real world problems, thus contributing to the development of the country.
2. To enhance problem solving capabilities of mechanical engineering graduates who can work in multi-disciplinary teams and undertake innovative research in their professional careers through higher education or in collaboration with industry.
The central workshop a central facility was merged with the Department of Mechanical Engineering in the year 2006. The Workshop consisting of Fitting Shop, Welding shop, Carpentry shop, Power Tools shop, Foundry Shop, Machine Shop. The facilities are used for conduct of classes as a part of the curriculum for students at various levels pertaining to different departments. In addition to housing many conventional machines and equipment it also has most modern fabrication and production units in tune with the recent technological developments.
Workshop facilities are extended to facilitate conduct of different projects / research work at UG level under the guidance of the respective guides.
List of Faculty Members:
Rajeev Khanduja (Head of Department)
List of Staff Members:
Faculty of Thermal Engineering Section (TES) has expertise in various fields such as I.C. Engines, Heat Transfer, Alternate Sources of Energy, CFD, Engineering Design etc. Various laboratories of TES include:
1. Fluid Mechanics Lab (In- charge; Chetan Sharma)
2. I.C. Engines Lab (In- charge; Mridul Sharma)
3. Thermal Engg. Lab (In- charge; Sahil Sen)
4. Heat Transfer Lab (In- charge; Mridul Sharma)
5. Turbo Machines Lab (In- charge; Ritesh Koundal)
Design Engineering Section (DES) is one of the active divisions of Mechanical Engineering Department, with a focused vision to promote Academic, Research, and Industrial Consulting activities. Various laboratories of DES include:
- Strength of Materials Lab (In- charge; Sahil Sen)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Lab (In- charge; Sachin Kumar)
- Theory of Machine Lab (In- charge; Chetan Sharma)
Faculty of Production Engineering Section (PES) has expertise in various fields such as Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, Simulation, Metrology etc. The laboratories of PES include entire central workshop facility.
- Central Workshop (In- charge; Rohit Bhardwaj)
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT: